#16805 Construction Labourer - Property Management Company
Skilled Trades / General Labour
November 30, 2018
$18 per hour
***Must have Working with Heights Training ******
Our construction company is looking for energized & motivated General Labourers.
The ideal candidate will have his or her own vehicle and be willing to travel within south western Ontario for most works on-site. We will consider a promotion to Lead Hand/Foreman within six months time and proof of any new certificates. We offer performance-based advancement and a fast-paced environment with excellent benefits. If this sounds like a good fit,please apply with a resume.
- Cleaning the site from debris is including but not limited to
- Remove debris and trash at construction sites through wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Load and unload building materials and move materials towards working areas
- Ensure all equipment is in operating condition before use
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rakes and shovels
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites (will be certified with traffic control certificate)
- Perform other activities at construction site, as directed by the labour foreman
- Preform daily site maintenance tasks to ensure to site is clean.
Qualifications and skills:
- Working at heights a MUST
- WHMIS an asset but will be provided if you do not have it
- Propane license an asset but not required
- Must be able to lift and carry 80 pounds
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time
- Must have steel toe boots and hard hat
- Have a valid certificate to a construction course(s)/program approved by our education minister and government such as Sheridan College, North American Trade School, Mohawk College, Humber College etc.
- Must have own vehicle
- Must have own PPE
- Must have working at heights
- Must have WHMIS
- Fun, flexible, and energetic team
- Vacation Pay 4% - this can be added to pay or accumulate and request during vacation time off
- Benefits available - Available after 120 calendar days
- RRSP - after 3 years of full time employment
- We pay bi-weekly and you must have a bank account for our direct deposit
This job advertisement has been provided by an employer external to the Regional Municipality of Halton (Halton Region). Halton Region is not responsible for the accuracy, the authenticity and the reliability of the content.