#17043 Assistant Manager - Tim Hortons
Hospitality / Retail, Other, Sales / Customer Service
February 28, 2019
Wage range is $16-$18 per hour
The Tim Hortons Assistant Manager position assists in managing all aspects of a restaurant’s operation in order to ensure that Tim Hortons’ standards around people, product, cleanliness and an Exceptional Guest Experience are fulfilled. The Assistant Manager will also assist in sustaining, directing, and increasing sales growth and profit levels.
* Must have at least 4 years of restaurant experience and at least 2 years of restaurant management experience.
Having a car is an asset.
Wage range is $16-$18 per hour.
* Assists in the recruiting of new team members, training and developing existing team members and motivating and encouraging a team to achieve targets
* Provides ongoing performance feedback and conducts and records regular performance reviews
* Assists the Restaurant Manager in building the restaurants’ “bench strength” by identifying and developing high potential employees for progression to the next level
* Communicates with all shifts on day to day operations and critical areas of focus
* Assists with establishing and enforcing proper security procedures to reduce team member theft and ensure team member and guest safety
* Assists the Restaurant Manager in planning and working to budgets, maximizing profits and achieving sales and transaction targets including control of Food/Paper/Labour costs in the restaurant
* Responsible for daily cash procedures and assists with financial reporting
* Assists with ordering of supplies and overall building maintenance and cleanliness
* Displays knowledge of and works in compliance with applicable legislation including, food safety, health and safety, and employment standards
* Is able to enforce and comply with pre-established Tim Hortons operating procedures
* Ensures high standards of guest experience are maintained
* Resolves guest complaints and turns potentially negative situations into positive ones
* Assists Manager in running company-wide incentive programs
* Assists in maximizing team member coverage at all times, performs the role of Floor Leadership and works as required in various areas during busy periods to maintain optimal guest service levels
* Manages team member scheduling to ensure adequate coverage on all shifts
* Understands the importance of supporting the Manager and presents a ‘unified front’ to all team members
Health & Safety
* Works in compliance with the occupational health and safety legislation
* Uses or wears personal protective equipment or clothing as required
* Does not operate any equipment, machine, device or thing, or otherwise work in a manner that will endanger anyone
* Knows, understands and follows safe work practices and procedures
* Reports all injuries/illness, accidents, unsafe conditions, security incidents and any contravention of health and safety legislation, policies and procedures to the Restaurant Manager or Owner
* Responds to and corrects unsafe acts and conditions
* Enforces employee compliance in regard to the restaurant’s health and safety policies and procedures
* Initiates performance counseling and takes disciplinary actions for non-compliance in matters related to health and safety
* Assists the Restaurant Manager with incident investigations, workplace inspections, and formulating action plans to deal with health and safety deficiencies and for improvement to the restaurant’s health and safety practices and program
TO APPLY: Please send resume to email@example.com
This job advertisement has been provided by an employer external to the Regional Municipality of Halton (Halton Region). Halton Region is not responsible for the accuracy, the authenticity and the reliability of the content.