#17854 Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Planning and Analysis (NTD) - National Tire Distributors
National Tire Distributors
5035 South Service Road 6th floor
Hospitality / Retail, Other
September 21, 2020
October 31, 2020
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
National Tire Distributors is Canada's leading Tire Distribution Company. A key element of our success has always been our people. As part of our team philosophy, we coach, support and help develop all of our employees to become the best they can be! If you're looking for a career that will challenge you, a job that will offer growth, and a progressive employer, then National Tire Distributors Inc. (NTD) is the right place for you!
The Senior Financial Analyst – Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) works closely with the Finance management team and key business partners to perform month end financial analysis, develop forecasts and financial plans on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. This role incorporates a combination of financial and strategic analysis, and creative thinking through supporting key business partners to ensure that corporate business objectives and financial results are achieved with a specific focus on Supply Chain. The FP&A team is a critical component of executing NTD's strategic and financial plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct monthly flex staff planning with weekly performance tracking for the Warehouses.
- Perform month-end analysis - commentaries and other reports with a specific focus on Supply Chain performance – Warehouse and Delivery metrics.
- Prepare the annual Budget and actively drive the monthly forecast process.
- Establish and grow partnerships with internal customers and with cross functional teams to provide decision support, business analysis and provide excellent customer service.
- Meet with Business unit and functional leads monthly to review results, explain significant variances against budget and prior year, and identify actions required to bring the results back to budget.
- Perform detailed financial analysis, develop value added KPl's, and complete miscellaneous projects as required. Provide additional analysis as required by functional leaders.
- Create financial models using enterprise planning platforms to identify insights and trends.
- Other adhoc responsibilities and reporting.
Experience that Best Prepares You:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Finance or Accounting.
- MBA, CFA or CPA designation is an asset.
- 8 - 10 years' experience in budgeting, forecasting, management reporting and variance analysis is required.
- Background in Distribution and Logistics.
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Power BI and Power Pivot
- Experience with Oracle and other financial planning platforms (Anaplan)
- Strong organizational/planning skills and a strong sense of urgency
- Able to manage tight deadlines and prioritize in a changing environment
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment and with people at various levels up to Senior Management
- Able to clearly link financial results to sales performance drivers
- Challenge the status-quo and influence the decision-making process
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. During covid-19, work will be completed from home.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
This job advertisement has been provided by an employer external to the Regional Municipality of Halton (Halton Region). Halton Region is not responsible for the accuracy, the authenticity and the reliability of the content.