#18037 Registered Nurse - FirstLight Home Care
Health Care / Social Services
March 31, 2021
May 31, 2021
Part Time or Full Time Hours
Primary Care Nurses provide clients with primary health care services, including education, screening, patient assessment, healthy lifestyle support and chronic disease management. Primary Care Nurses work within a care deliver unit (CDU) as a member of a health care team, which includes doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners. Their role is to oversee the patient flow in the CDU, creating care plans and following up with the patient.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
· Understand and implement the principles of the Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS).
· Complete physical assessments, administer medication, change dressings, collect specimen, give immunizations, etc.
· Manage patient flow through the CDU to ensure patients are being seen in a timely manner based on the health are providers’ scope of practice.
· Assist CDU receptionists with tracking patients and managing patient questions.
· Resolve patient concerns, or direct them to the appropriate resource.
· Initiate the short term home care requirements for members with an expected return to work date of less than ninety days.
· Counsel patients on managing chronic disease, health responsibilities post-operation, proper hand hygiene.
· Identify health trends which may affect patients under the care of the CDU
· Provide clinical guidance to CDU Medical Technicians related to direct patient care and nursing interventions.
· Develop educational programs for both patients and staff with information sessions, pamphlets, posters, signage, etc.
· Assist patients in finding other health care providers in order to increase the patients access to health services.
This job advertisement has been provided by an employer external to the Regional Municipality of Halton (Halton Region). Halton Region is not responsible for the accuracy, the authenticity and the reliability of the content.