#18832 Registered Practical Nurse - Hampton Terrace Care Centre
Health Care / Social Services
August 08, 2022
August 31, 2022
Part-time evening shift, 3-11 OR 4-11
Starting at 27.43/hr
Hampton Terrace is looking for Registered Practical Nurses to join our incredible care team!
Part-time line available (evening shifts 3-11 or 4-11), plus opportunities to pick up additional shifts as desired. Casual Positions are also available.
We are a BEST PRACTICE SPOTLIGHT ORGANIZATION predesignate working with the RNAO and received an EXEMPLARY 4 year Accreditation status from Accreditation Canada.
The RPN oversees the care of one unit (19-28 residents). He/She reports to the Charge Nurse and/or Director of Nursing and provides professional nursing care to residents in accordance with required medical care and established nursing care plans and practices. Supervises the activities and provides direction to the assigned staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate individualized care to meet the residents’ physical and emotional needs
- Administer Medications including injections and narcotics, conduct narcotic count at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Administer Treatments as ordered. Provide wound care as assigned.
- Direct, monitor, and assist non-registered unit staff. Participate in shift report, record significant changes in residents’ conditions, care plan and changes in physician’s orders.
- Document administration and effectiveness of skin/wound treatments in appropriate records, including resident care plan, progress notes, treatment record/assessment tools.
- Where and when required and/or requested conduct special assessments including but not limited to head-to-toe assessment after reported falls/injuries, returns from hospital leaves, unusual resident related incidents/occurrences and etc, in collaboration with Charge Nurse
- Supervise meal service and assist as appropriate.
- As required, communicate with responsible families regarding the care, condition, or any unusual incidents.
- Provide assistance with direct resident care as may be needed. Ensure assessment and follow-up on residents requiring restraints, re-positioning, etc.
The successful applicants must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Police clearance for vulnerable sector (within 6 moths).
Two step TB test completed within the past 12 months.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Must be mature and possess good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Prior experience in LTC/geriatric care is an asset.
New graduates are welcome and will be supported!
Competitive Wages starting at $27.43/hr. Part-time lines include a competitive 11% in lieu of benefits!
This job advertisement has been provided by an employer external to the Regional Municipality of Halton (Halton Region). Halton Region is not responsible for the accuracy, the authenticity and the reliability of the content.